The FS24X is the latest generation high technology Multi-Spectrum Triple IR (IR/IR/IR/Visible) Flame Detector, which is part of our FSX family of advanced technology Electro-Optical fire detectors. Using our patented* WideBand IR™, WideBand 4.3 micron IR™, and Visible detection technology, the FS24X is a quantum leap in flame detection. Sophisticated software algorithms and dual microprocessors ensure that the FS24X has the highest fire detection performance combined with optimal false alarm rejection.
The WideBand IR™ Infrared technology using high-speed solid-state Quantum sensors allows detection of all types of fires, hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon, in all weather conditions. If the detector’s signal is blocked by ordinary window glass, the patented WideBand IR sensors will still alarm to the fire but at a reduced sensitivity and slower response time.
Dual microprocessors provide a high level of fail-safe operation combined with fast and reliable performance. The Master Microprocessor performs high-speed digital sampling and signal-processing calculations; while the slave microprocessor handles various sensor data, performs communications, self-diagnostics and provides interface versatility; and additional memory for storing Event Log and FirePic™ data.
The FSX family of detectors feature our patented* FirePic data storage and information retrieval facility. FirePic™ records pre-fire data, which can be recovered from the Detector’s non-volatile flash memory for post fire analysis and postulation of the fire cause. Additionally, unique Real-Time Graphing (RTG™) allows viewing of the data that the Detector actually sees. A combination of outputs makes the FS24X a truly versatile detector for today’s demanding industrial requirements.
The FS24X Flame Detector has a detection range greater than 200 feet (Very High Sensitivity setting) for the detection of a one square-foot Heptane reference fire and has a cone of vision far greater in volumetric coverage than any other Multi-Spectrum IR Detector. This means fewer detectors can be used as compared to other manufacturers’ detectors.
Additional Features and Benefits:
- Patented* WideBand IR™ Technology
- Patented* Electronic Frequency Analysis™
- Visible Sensor for optimum false alarm rejection
- Selectable detection sensitivities
- Field-of-View: 110° full 100% cone-of-vision (90° full 100% cone-of-vision model also available)
- Dual microprocessors for reliable performance
- Real-time clock for accurate time dating of events
- FirePic™ — pre-fire event data storage
- Event log with date and time stamp
- RS-485 ModBus communication
- Non-Isolated 4-20 mA Analog output (sink or source)
- Alarm, Fault and Fire Verification relays
- Automatic optical path and electronic self-test
- Widest operating temperature range
- Patented* Electronics Module for components protection with easy plug-in terminations and field installation
- Two ¾” NPT OR 25mm conduit entries
- Low power consumption
- High RFI and EMI immunity
- FM, ATEX, CE mark approvals
- Meets SIL 2 requirements
- Detects hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon fuel fires in all environmental conditions
- User selectable outputs
- Optimal false alarm rejection for all environmental conditions
- Minimal maintenance for trouble-free operation
- PC software and Interface Module (FSIM) for fault diagnostics, real-time graphics (RTGs), and downloading of FirePics™ and event log
- Suitable for a wide variety of applications
- Easy electronics module replacement
- Test lamps for manual testing.