Based on the foundation of the highly successful and reliable SS4 Flame Detector, the FS20X Flame Detector represents a quantum leap in integrating Infrared and Ultraviolet sensing technologies. The FS20X is a Multi-Spectrum and UV/Dual IR/VIS Flame Detector with a proven UV solar-blind sensor. The FS20X exhibits faster false-alarm free response to fires over a wider temperature range and with a much longer detection range compared to conventional UV/IR detectors.
Conventional and older technology UV/IR detectors, using narrow band 4.3 micron IR sensors, will not respond to smoky fires or if the detector lens is contaminated with oil and other substances since both UV and 4.3 micron signals are attenuated, obscured or absorbed by thick smoke or detector lens contaminants. Also, these old technology UV/IR detectors will not alarm to any fire if they are installed behind ordinary window glass.
Dual microprocessors provide a high level of fail-safe operation combined with fast and reliable performance. The Master Microprocessor performs high-speed digital sampling and signal processing calculations; while the slave microprocessor handles various sensor data, performs communications, self-diagnostics and provides interface versatility; and additional memory for storing Event Log and FirePic™ data.
The FS20X Flame Detector has a detection range in excess of 200 feet (very high sensitivity setting) for the detection of a one square-foot Heptane reference fire and has a cone of vision greater in volumetric coverage than most UV/IR detectors. This means fewer detectors can be used as compared to other manufacturers’ detectors.
Additional Features and Benefits
- Patented* WideBand IR™ Infrared combined with Ultraviolet
- Detection range greater than 200 feet to 1 sq. ft. heptane fire
- Patented* Electronic Frequency Analysis
- Visible Sensor for optimum false alarm rejection
- Selectable detection sensitivities
- Solar blind 90° full 100% cone-of-vision
- Dual Microprocessors for reliable performance
- Real-time clock for accurate time dating of events
- FirePic™ — Up to 6 pre-fire event data storage
- Event log — Up to 200 events with date and time stamp
- Built-in RS-485 ModBus Communication
- Built-in non-isolated 4-20 mA analog output (sink or source)
- Alarm, Fault and Fire Verification relays.
- Automatic Optical Path and Electronic Self-Test
- Widest operating temperature range
- Patented* Electronics Module for components protection with plug-in terminations for easy field installation
- Two ¾” NPT OR 25mm conduit entries
- Low power consumption
- High RFI and EMI immunity
- FM approved
- Detects hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon fuel fires in all environmental conditions
- Arc welding immunity
- False alarm rejection for all environmental conditions
- Minimal maintenance for trouble-free operation
- PC software and Interface Module (FSIM) for fault diagnostics real-time graphs (RTGs), and downloading of FirePics™ and event log
- Suitable for a wide variety of applications.