Honeywell Analytics is strongly recommending that all GasAlertMicroClip XL and GasAlertMicroClip X3 gas detectors manufactured on or before October 5, 2016 be upgraded. Click here for a copy of the product notice.
The purpose of this page is to help you receive a free upgrade at your earliest convenience.
Why should I have my GasAlertMicroClip XL and GasAlertMicroClip X3 gas detectors upgraded?
Honeywell Analytics has made improvements that better immobilize the battery and provide additional protection during a drop or impact. All newly manufactured detectors and replacement PCBs come complete with the upgrade in place.
How to receive a free upgrade to applicable GasAlerMicroClip XL or GasAlertMicroClip X3 gas detectors:
- Download the “MCXL/X3 Upgrade Program Form” from the grey bar on the right.
- Enter your contact information and the detector serial numbers and model numbers into the Form. (For detailed instructions download the MCXL/X3 Upgrade Procedure.)
- Submit your completed Form to your local authorized BW Distributor.
- Work with your distributor to implement the upgrade. Choose the free upgrade to your existing detectors, or trade-in your existing detector for a new detector at a special program price.
- Discharge the battery and turn your detector off prior to shipping.
- Replaced detectors or components must NOT be re-sold or re-used. Any replaced gas detector or PCB complete with its battery must be made inoperable by Honeywell or one of its distributors.
Download the FAQ document
. If this doesn’t answer your questions, contact us directly. (Download the Honeywell Regional Contact Information