XNX's advantage comes from a simple-to-use, low-maintenance universal platform that works with other safety equipment on a digital bus system, including Honeywell Analytics’ own Searchline Excel, Optima or other gas detectors, industry standard PLCs and third-party gas monitoring controllers.
XNX supports Electrochemical, Infrared and Catalytic Bead gas monitors and uses standard 4-20mA wiring and HART; options include Modbus, Fieldbus (pending) up to three relays and a local Hart Adapter for configuration and diagnostics using existing HART handheld devices.
With 200+ unique configurations, XNX satisfies Class 1/Class 2 intrinsically safe, explosion-proof requirements in upstream/downstream oil, chemical, wastewater and other industries.
The enclosure is available in stainless steel or aluminum, with a marine-grade coating. Five threaded ports, available in metric or NPT versions, and ruggedized mounting options provide ultimate installation flexibility. Instrumentation built on various sensing technologies can be attached locally to the transmitter or remotely with the appropriate accessories.
The XNX user interface provides Alarm, Fault and configuration support via a large dot matrix display and LED indicators. Icons supported by seven language selections are used to ensure ease of operation around the world.
Additional Features and Benefits:
- Flammable gas detection 0 to 100% LFL/LEL
- Point IR with heated optics provides immunity to poisoning and no hidden faults
- Open-path IR flammable gas detection in LEL-m measurement
- Electrochemical cell offers toxic gas detection in ppm
- IR cell provides CO2 and combustible gas monitoring
- 3 versions - supports mV (Catalytic Bead and IR Cell), Electrochemical Cell and IR (point and open-path) gas detection
- Multi-Purpose Detector (MPD) with field serviceable mV, Catalytic bead and IR Cell capability
- 4-20mA with HART® as standard
- Multiple communications options include up to 3 relays, MODBUS® and FOUNDATION® H1 Fieldbus (pending)
- Optional local IS port for handheld HART configurator
Easy to Use
- Large, backlit, easy-to-view LCD display offers multisensory indicators (visual icons, colored buttons, text, etc.) to display gas and sensor readings
- User interface supported by 8 selectable languages (English, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, French, Russian, Chinese)
- Self-test and fault indication features
- Non-intrusive, one-man operation
- Quick calibration with auto-inhibit
Easy to Install
- 3 or 4 wire operation, source, sink or isolated
- Use with conduit or cable installations
- Simple plug-in sensors and replaceable cells
- NEMA 4X IP66 rated for rugged indoor/outdoor use
- Minimal training required
- One-man operation
- Plug-in sensor replacement
- All necessary accessories included
- Offshore Oil & Gas production platforms
- Onshore Oil terminals
- Gas Transmission
- Gas Distribution
- LNG terminals
- Gas storage terminals
- Chemical plants
- Petrochemical plants
- Solvent recovery operations