Honeywell Analytics is strongly recommending that all GasAlertMicroClip XL and GasAlertMicroClip X3 gas detectors manufactured on or before October 5, 2016 be upgraded. Click here for a copy of the product notice.
The purpose of this page is to help you receive a free upgrade at your earliest convenience.
Why should I have my GasAlertMicroClip XL and GasAlertMicroClip X3 gas detectors upgraded?
Honeywell Analytics has made improvements that better immobilize the battery and provide additional protection during a drop or impact. All newly manufactured detectors and replacement PCBs come complete with the upgrade in place.
How to receive a free upgrade to applicable GasAlerMicroClip XL or GasAlertMicroClip X3 gas detectors:
- Download the “MCXL/X3 Upgrade Program Form” from the grey bar on the right.
- Enter your contact information and the detector serial numbers and model numbers into the Form. (For detailed instructions download the MCXL/X3 Upgrade Procedure.)
- Submit your completed Form to your local authorized BW Distributor.
- Work with your distributor to implement the upgrade. Choose the free upgrade to your existing detectors, or trade-in your existing detector for a new detector at a special program price.
- Discharge the battery and turn your detector off prior to shipping.
- Replaced detectors or components must NOT be re-sold or re-used. Any replaced gas detector or PCB complete with its battery must be made inoperable by Honeywell or one of its distributors.
Download the FAQ document. If this doesn’t answer your questions, contact us directly. (Download the Honeywell Regional Contact Information document.)