The Touchpoint 4 controller provides protection of personnel and plant from flammable, toxic and Oxygen gas hazards when used with up to four Sensepoint gas detectors. Self-contained, fully user configurable and wall mounted, a Touchpoint 4 gas detection system can monitor gas hazards in a large area or several discrete locations from a convenient central site.
Touchpoint 4 may be driven from AC and/or DC supplies and comprises a common display module with up to four individual channel modules. It is suitable for stand-alone operation or as part of a larger distributed control system via an integral RS485 interface. The common module, with backlit display, details the overall system status and includes common alarm relays, remote reset push button input and dedicated drives for up to three field mounted audible and visual alarms. A panel mounted audible and visual alarm is also included.
Input modules are available for use with 4-20mA and mV type gas detectors. Each channel includes a backlit display detailing gas type, measuring range, actual gas reading in both numeric and bar graph format as well as alarm status. Two user programmable alarm relays and a repeated 4-20mA signal proportional to the gas level monitored are included per channel.
The system is fully user programmable via the ultra-clear backlit displays and intuitive menu system. For example, relays may be configured as ‘non-latching’ (default is ‘latching’) so that outputs clear automatically on remote unmanned sites. Buttons used for configuration are hidden behind access panels to prevent tampering. A single button is available to all users on the front of the modules to perform a simple self-test or to reset alarms when needed.
The shallow profile is designed for easy location in corridors or reception areas where some larger controllers may be obtrusive. A wall mounting bracket is included to which the controller is attached to simplify installation. All cable entries are made using pre-formed knockouts at the bottom of the enclosure. The hinged front cover latches open to enable full and unhindered access to the terminal compartment for installers.
Event history is recorded as standard on all Touchpoint systems. Times and dates of alarms and power interruptions can be reviewed via the display to provide useful diagnostic information for service engineers and plant operators.
Additional Features and Benefits:
• Self-contained, wall mounted enclosure
• Ultra-clear backlit display
• Intuitive, icon driven, menu system
• Simple push button operation
Easy to Install
• Unobtrusive slimline profile
• Mounting bracket included
• Easy access to all terminals
• Pre-formed knockouts for cable entry
• Fully user programmable for scale, units and calibration
• Fully configurable relays
• System status indication
• Built-in audiovisual alarms
• AC and/or DC power distribution
• Common gas and fault alarm relays
• Dedicated drive for up to three remote audible and visual alarms
• Input for remote reset push button
• RS485 interface
• Accepts up to four channels
• mA and mV inputs for wide range of gas detectors
• Individual channel display
• Gas, range, reading and alarm status
• Two user programmable alarm relays
• Isolated 4-20mA output