The Fire Sentry FS7 Flame Detector provides and intelligent two-stage response to semiconductor wet bench fires:
Stage 1: Alert. This is the first-stage response to a small fire with a heat energy output of 3 kW (the equivalent of a 4-inch diameter polypropylene pool fire). This allows time for the fire to self-extinguish.
Stage 2: Alarm. If the fire does not self-extinguish, and grows to the Factory Mutual specified heat energy threshold of 13 kW (the equivalent of an 8-inch diameter polypropylene pool fire), the second-stage response is activated.
The Fire Sentry FS7-2173 is used with Fire Sentry FS7-130-SX Controller or Control Panel FSWB. Controller and Control Panel supply power to detectors monitor the status of all detectors and communicate with the detectors via the digital RS-485 communication channel. Fire Sentry FS7-2173 is supplied with a standard 20 ft. cable connector. Detectors are connected to the controller or control panel using the self-locking connectors and Fire Sentry junction boxes. This allows for fast and easy connections eliminating wiring problems. Each detector can store up to six time and date stamped FirePics™ (pre-event multi-spectral sensor array data) in non-volatile memory. Controller and control panel can also store event history table in the non-volatile memory, which contains the time and date stamped alert, alarm and fault histories. FirePics™ and event histories can be retrieved from the controller or control panel.
Fire Sentry FS7-2173-2RP unitized model’s microprocessor, with digital signal processing algorithms, continuously monitors the circuitry, sensor’s built-in self-test and verifies proper operation. Fire Sentry FS7-2173-2RP with discrete relay outputs is designed to operate as a stand-alone detector and interface with any approved fire alarm panel. The detector requires an external 24 VDC power source and is supplied with a standard 20 ft. pigtail cable. It can store up to six time and date stamped FirePics™ and 200 events in non-volatile memory. FirePics™ and event histories can be retrieved using a Fire Sentry FS7 Interface Kit and the Fire Sentry Windows-based PC software.
Additional Features and Benefits
- Multi-Spectral digital electro-optical radiant energy infrared fire detector
- Unique two-stage fire detection response
- Immune to false alarm sources
- NOT affected by absorbing smoke, gasses or chemical vapors
- NOT sensitive to background radiant energy from electric heaters and ovens
- Detects hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon fires
- Rugged leak-proof, heat-sealed, acid-resistant, injection-molded polypropylene housing
- Wide 120° field-of-view
- Digital communication with RS-485 interface
- FirePic™; time and date-stamped digital fire signatures
- Built-in detector automatic self test
- Unitzed model design for stand-alone operation